The Current Legislative Session
Navigating the Capitol Complex
While the Capitol is under construction, it is worthwhile to plan before you go! Use our “Navigating the Capitol” page to make it easier.
Legislative Meeting Calendar
If you are planning a Capitol visit, it is always a good idea to check the joint House/Senate schedule the morning of your visit; hearings and agendas are often changed. The calendar displays meetings that are listed on the House and Senate calendar pages; this includes House, Senate, Commissions, Joint Committees and Task Forces and Working Groups.
- The Minnesota Budget Project has lots of policy information and analysis for the current legislative session and beyond.
- Session Daily from the MN House of Representatives has in-depth, current information on what’s happening in the House.
- This helps! Pronunciation guide for members of the Minnesota House of Representatives
Key Links for Legislative Session 2015-2016
- 2015-16 House and Senate Education Committees and Schedules
- Senate Education Bills Introduced
- House Education Bills Introduced
- MinnPost’s Legislative Bill Tracker – Education
- News articles about the 2015-2016 Session
**Key Issues in 2015-16 Legislative Session:
- Teacher shortage and teacher diversity
- Early Childhood Education, Public PreK and Scholarships